8/08/2008

Vegetable & Noodle Soup

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 or 3 celery sticks, sliced
3 medium red skinned potatoes, cut
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
1 14.5oz. can diced tomatoes (I like to use the Italian diced)
3 cans of vegetable broth (or other broth)
1/2 box pasta of your choice (I like to use macaroni)
salt and pepper

Directions:
Heat oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes and bay leaf. Sautee for 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth pasta, and some salt and pepper. Simmer 12-15 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are cooked.

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 40 min- 1 hour

This is one of our favorite soups. I usually add more vegetables- and wait until they are pretty tender before adding the pasta otherwise the pasta is done before the veggies and keeps soaking up all the liquid. I can no longer find vegetable broth at the store, so I usually use chicken broth.

0 comments: